04 January 2008

Huck Wins the Iowa Caucuses

Click here for the ABC report. Of course, you'd be making a mistake if you didn't check out Huck's official website though. For some reason, a great number of people are still scratching their heads over this, but they really shouldn't be doing that. For starters, Huck has run a very strong campaign, mostly getting the push from the debate performances. That's a pretty remarkable feat. Two of the best candidates for the GOP nomination have been Huck and Duncan Hunter, and for as strong as Rep. Hunter is concerned, he simply does not have the oration skills that Huck possesses. In reality, I feel very badly for Rep. Hunter as it's a crying shame that he was not in the top two or three of the Iowa GOP caucuses tonight. That being said, I'm not someone who is going to pile on Mitt Romney. He ran a strong campaign and will be in it for the long haul. It's pathetic that he has had to go on to defend his religious beliefs, and really, I like Mitt a great deal, and I know he, too, is a great patriot. Fred Thompson should be congratulated as well on his third place finish and he will be a force to be reckoned with should he stay in the race, which hopefully he will despite what Politico "reports", though they may have it in for him for some reason. Then again, can you put anything past the MSM these days? McCain, a great American, had a nice showing in Iowa. Ron Paul has some decent ideas, but he's not Presidential material, though I'd love to see him hammer home some nice tax reforms in Congress, did a pretty solid job campaigning in Iowa as well. Rudy Giuliani gave a tip of the hat to Huck tonight, and was, as being from the Lehigh Valley and having seen his entire reign as NY mayor, his traditional self, very executive in praising Huck and being extremely genuine in doing so. In fact, if Huck wasn't in this race I'd be supporting Rudy at this point.

Huck won tonight due to his message and oration skills. That's a deadly combination for any candidate to possess. Huck isn't a mega millions candidate, and like any other political candidate, he has flaws. However, Huck sustained through a lot of the issues in his personal life that we average folk have. Huck has his faith, and though he is criticized for that, it is important. It's getting more and more difficult to be outward about your religious beliefs. I'm not an overly religious person. I went to Catholic school as a kid, and truth be told, I should be attending Church more often. I'm not an Evangelical. I respect him for that but that is not the reason I support him.

Huck has the communication skills necessary to the leader of the free nation. Gov. Huckabee is willing to reach across the aisle in order to resolve complex issues, yet has the backbone to refuse to do so when it is not in the best interests of the electorate. Huck has a record of achieving results, which is what we need right now. I truly believe he understands the mindset of the radical Islamic terrorists that we are currently engaged with in order to secure the world for the freedom of humanity. He will appoint the proper people at the proper levels to address this grave issue. At the same time, he has a focus on the domestic issues that affect us all.

Unlike many other political bloggers, I see the GOP race evolving into a three man race with Gov. Huckabee, Sen. Thompson, and Mayor Giuliani. I have a multitude of reasons for believing this, but that is too many to go into at this point. Tonight, Iowa took the first step towards vaulting Gov. Huckabee towards our nomination, and we should celebrate that victory, but the campaign is only starting. It is through the grassroots efforts that we have achieved this victory, and it will only be through grassroots that we can achieve further victory. I strongly discourage all from engaging in exceedingly dishonest attacks, with a close eye on the push polling in New Hampshire that is under investigation, something that may affect me to a substantial degree on future posts, and wish only the best for our cause. I believe, as I have believed for some time, that Gov. Mike Huckabee is the best choice for our nomination, and I salute him tonight and am proud to have played a role, albeit, a small part, of the campaign.

-Caomhin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was pleased with Huckabee's showing in Iowa. While Romney's numbers were fairly good, Huckabee established himself as a front runner. I am a fan of McCain too, although he did not come in as strong as Romney. I believe McCain will be strong in New Hampshire. I would like to see Huckabee and McCain as running mates.